Sumitra Mahavidyalaya Jaunpur is an institution of higher learning dedicated to global enrichment and meeting the evolving needs of our diverse communities. Sumitra Mahavidyalaya Jaunpur was Established in 1998 it is accredited from NCTE and it is affiliated to Veer Bahadur Singh Purvanchal University. With an emphasis on innovative programs, dynamic curriculum and general education skills, we are committed to being a pioneer in the field of career-focused education. We empower our students, faculty and staff to exceed the expectations of society through academic excellence, community enrichment and service to the public good.
- To create an intellectually stimulating atmosphere for students where they not only develop an analytical and inquisitive mind but cultivate leadership qualities and become technology friendly.
- Imparting skill-oriented education to the students of varying socio-economic strata.
- To provide employment avenues to our students so that they can emerge as empowered individuals of our society.
- All round personality development and confidence building of economically disadvantaged girl students through various co-curricular activities and improvement of communication skills.
- Providing protection from gender crimes by teaching self-defence and martial art techniques.
- To motivate the students to have a clear vision/aim of life through various counselling sessions and thus helping them in their choice of future profession.
- The college envisions to empower and educate students coming from underprivileged and economically weaker sections of the society.
- The college aims at sculpting out overall personalities of the students so that they become individuals equipped not only with knowledge but also endowed with eternal human values and zeal to bring about a positive change in the society thereby becoming responsible citizens of the country. This gets very aptly reflected through the motto of the college “VidyadadatiVinayam”: True knowledge humbles a human being.
- The college also aims at contributing in creating a society that has equal participation of women in all spheres of life . To make women not only educated but also support them to become financially independent and contribute towards the growth of the country. This is achieved through various unaided skill development courses being run in the college.
- The College aims to empower the students with competitive spirit, entrepreneurship qualities and knowledge of rich heritage of our nation so that they become self-reliant,technically equipped and legally aware individuals able to meet regional, national and global challenges with confidence.